Day 23 & 24: Los Angeles

We woke up at 4 a.m. to make the 4.5-hour drive to Los Angeles in time to meet my dear friend Christie for breakfast. Christie, her husband Monte, and her 2-year-old daughter met us for breakfast and we had a wonderful time eating delicious food and catching up. Thank you to Christie and her family for taking time to meet us – especially during this busy time as she prepares for the arrival of triplets in about 7 weeks. From here we headed to my former hometown of Manhattan Beach to stay with another great friend, Beth. We visited, relaxed in the sun, and headed out to the afternoon wedding of yet another great friend, Emily. Deven ran some errands while I spent the afternoon at Emily’s beautiful wedding. At the reception, I visited with my former co-workers, had wine and mojitos on a hotel rooftop in Marina del Rey, and danced the night away. Leave it to the Catholic School teachers to keep the party going until the very end. True to my former days in L.A., we headed to In-N-Out to finish our night. Our plan was to leave Sunday morning, but we decided to relax and enjoy another day in the sun. On Sunday, I attended Mass at my former church and had breakfast with some other dear friends while Deven went for a run on The Strand and relaxed at the beach. I had so much fun and even though it was too short of a visit – it was great to be back in the South Bay.